Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Is Anyone Still There?

You may have noticed that I’ve had this blog for nearly a year now, and I’ve only posted a handful of times. I always mean to post. I get ideas all the time, but when it comes time to type them up, I just don’t. Instead of typing up my thoughts about comics and TV and movies and music, I decide I’d rather spend my time watching or reading or listening to them. Or, frequently, reading blogs where other people write about them.

Well, no more. Starting today – June 24th, 2008, I’m going to update this blog every single day for the next year. It will continue to be a grab bag – most of the posts will be about comics, TV, movies and music, but I’ll also talk about other things if they happen to catch my fancy. Some of the posts will be serious thoughts, some of them will be satirical pieces, such as the Simpsons entry a few posts down. I trust my readers will be able to tell the difference.

I can’t promise that each day’s post(s) will set the world on fire, but there will be always be something new. You see, the blog is called “Zeppo Marxism” because Zeppo was the Marx Brother who provided a point-of-view for the audience. He was our window into the world of his crazier brothers. With this blog, I hope to provide a window to the world from my point of view. For the geeks out there, some of it should prove to be interesting.

Starting tomorrow, I’m going to introduce a new semi-regular feature and soon, I’m going to embark on a large project that I’ve been working on for some time. But come back tonight, for my thoughts on an actress who hasn’t been allowed to live up to her full potential.

No comments: